Sunday, August 3, 2014

My brother Numsey has forgiven me

It's my brother's birthday today.
Jr was a helpless captive amidst the evil Hinsdale sister triangle
David Allen Hinsdale Jr is 38 years old today.

My mom was telling me that he was born at 3:09 am in Bridgeton Hospital, in Bridgton NJ.

My mom went into labor with him when her mom was driving her to the courthouse to pay off some of my dad's traffic tickets.

She was apparently in labor for a number of hours before they realized he was going to be too big and she then had the first of what would later be 4 c-sections in less than 4 years. 

My mom remembers that first thing my dad said to her upon seeing his first born.

"I hope he can run fast"

"Why?"

"Because he is so ugly he is going to have to" 

I don't think my mom was amused :) 
He inspires me by what a good uncle he is to our nieces and nephews.

David (whom we didn't start calling 'Jr' until his mid twenties) has always been an inspiration to me.

He served 27 months as a missionary for our church.

He graduated college.

He got his black belt in Tykwando.

He has lived on his own in different states.

He is a wonderful uncle.

Sometimes, when I have clients or friends, who talk about how hard life is for them with their mental health issue or how they are owed something (disability benefits or whatever) it kind of makes me angry.

If my brother can accomplish all that he has and be such a good person, there is no one that can't accomplish what they set their mind to.

Thanks for being the best big brother a girl could ask for, Jr.

Your favorite youngest sister

Lumpo

No comments:

Post a Comment