Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Every night has its dawn


Random Life Updates- the Tuesday Night (but I wish it was Friday) Edition

Before I begin my usual litany of boring life updates (ok, ok..thrilling life updates) I will begin this random thoughts post by stating 3 random things about myself. 

Let's do this dance!

1. I use google just as much as any of my clinical literature for treating my clients. If I had a dime for every time I've typed "How to help someone overcome anxiety, grief, conflict with family, etc, etc....." I would have like 39 dollars. Wikihow is my unpaid research assistant. 

2. It makes me angry when I think of the way we here on Earth have treated Pluto. It will always be a planet to me.

3. I don't have any normal lights in my room. Just Christmas lights. (because I'm 13)

Now, on with the excruciating minutiae of my daily life...
I am now on a random assortment of medications. That's right, people. I'm self medicating again. And NOT with pot this time! (I have never self medicated with pot but I hear SO many people say that in my office and you know I like to be edgy)

Therefore, the tone of this blog may change. If  I stay on the meds. If it remains the same odd travesty, that's a sure sign I've taken myself off my meds:) Don't worry. I'll keep you updated on my mental health journey. I know it doesn't make you vaguely or even overtly uncomfortable;)

Work has been extra crazy lately. Some of my favorite people are leaving. When people leave a job, it always gives me that end of the school year feeling and it's sad. 

My 75 day challenge (to walk/run 300 mile before my half marathon) has been stop and go over the last week. I'm a ...few...miles behind schedule. I might try to get up to Philly this weekend and see if I can walk 10 miles just wandering around the city. (Then I am going to run up the Rocky stairs. And by "run" I mean take a selfie where it seems like I'm running and put it on my instagram and then go and get a cheesesteak from a street vendor)

My parents finally broke down and admitted that they had a fourth child (me) because they knew they would need someone, 30 some years down the road, to make weird Walmart runs for them. I bet it took a weight off their shoulders to finally admit the truth:) 

I was at the office for 14 hours yesterday. All the stress and long hours of a high powered job. Just without the power. Or money. 

Lori Ann

p.s.- I recognize how boring this post is. But don't forget- I'm on meds now. Things should be getting a little wilder any day now!

p.p.s.- Look what I found on the Internet! Validation!!

4 comments:

  1. My friend was recounting just today how she ran up those Rocky steps and shouted "Adrienne!" at the top. Her husband pretended he didn't know her :)
    Hope you're feeling some good things on your meds!
    And I know the truth about your pot usage. Amsterdam, Lori. Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We promised we would never talk about that! Or the tattoos. Or that guy you met at the Anne Frank house. :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmmm....I'm thinking me and Essjay...need to get together to discuss this pot usage.....Twilight...that's all I"m saying....LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say watching twilight gives you the same feeling as being stoned, so...

      Delete