Sunday, June 29, 2014

I won't forget


It's Fourth of July this week.

American Independence Day. 

I've been worried about my country in the last few years. I am sure it is not shock to anyone that I am not a fan of our current president.

I think he is a good person but not a good leader.

However, I still believe in the American Dream.

I still wake up grateful every single day to be an American.

Other than being a daughter of God, a sister to Danielle and Erin, and an aunt to the Monrobies, being American is the most important part of my identity.

I am in love with American history. Seeing the meeting places and gravestones of our history's leaders fills me with a sense of reverence. Reading their words and ideas in our founding documents reinforces my belief that this country was created under the direction of God.

My family (the Hinsdales) have been in every single American war since the Revolution. Both my grandfathers are/were veterans.

Being American might not be a ethnic designation but it runs in my blood stronger than any DNA.

I might be 68% Irish and 30 some % French, English, Scandinavian or whatever-but I only feel American.

It's the best feeling in the world.

So..here is to a week of overly patriotic, somewhat ego-centric posts about my wonderful home.

God bless the USA!

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment