Sunday, June 22, 2014

Philadelphia Freedom

Our trip to the City: A REALLY long picture post
Entering the somewhat crazy city of Philadelphia
They are so tired of posing for me- this is the best I can get these days :) 
Waiting for our cheesesteaks at Reading Terminal Market
Elly kept saying "If anyone isn't going to finish their cheesesteak, set it right here and I'll eat it!" 
No one was really willing to part with their cheesesteak, sadly for her :) 
It was SO crowded but Danielle's kids were really troopers, navigating through the crowd
It was some kind of LGBT festival that day. AND comic con. I was telling Danielle that people probably thought we were a couple. Erin called later (after seeing these pics on instagram) to inform me that Danielle and I did look like lesbians. How does one respond to that? Thanks? 
The Amish Bakery!! I got cinnamon swirl bread and Boston Cream Pie. And then I had to run away before I bought EVERYTHING in sight. 
Comic con people were everywhere. We were surrounded by nerds and people celebrating their sexual orientation. In other words, everyone that was ever bullied in high school. It was a good fit for me :) 
Really cool book art.
Jack Jack is SO done with pictures. But I can still get Katy to pose! (meanwhile, Danielle is holding the Amish donuts and kept telling everyone "If you have to choose between saving me or saving the donuts...SAVE THE DONUTS!") 

Downtown :) 
A giant pin?
The fountain at Love Park- Danielle's kids loved it! 
our "family" picture:)

The best story of the day was this picture. Jack Jack was bored and tired by this point and DID not want to get in the picture.

There was this woman who was offering to take pictures for a tip which was nice.

But Jack Jack did not want to be in the picture despite our urging

And so this woman 

(I will NOT use the stereotype of a sassy black woman..but she kind of was)

said "What's his name?" and we told her and she was like

"Jack..get over here and do what your mother wants. Put a smile on your face"

Then she was telling Danielle how she has 6 kids herself.

She took various pictures and ran them like the most fun photo shoot ever.

We gave her a small tip and I wish it had been more. I was actually digging in my purse for more money but she had moved on to the next people.

Anyway...

It was a fun day. Fun to get out of the house. Fun to take Danielle's kids somewhere new. Fun to feel like I was living my life.


Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment