Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Never going back


With only 10 days until the dreaded summer solstice, it feels like the right time to put this year's

SPINSTER CHRONICLES SUMMER TO DO LIST

out there on the Internet.

 Let's do this dance!!

1. Go to Michigan and leave flowers on the graves of both my grandparents and my uncle Ray

2. See the fireworks from somewhere cool. Like DC or Philly. Not the same old, same old. 

3. Complete one half marathon. 

4. Walk 300 miles

5. Sign up for BIG half marathon- the Philadelphia one in November

6. Conquer my fear of the basement

7. Spend a whole Saturday wandering around Philadelphia. 

8. Spend a whole Saturday wandering around NYC.

9. Get Sugar caught up on her shots

10. Do something every week that is out of my routine and scares me a little 

The other day, I asked one of my clients what they thought of when they thought of 'routine'. They said "comfort..like a blanket you wrap yourself up in".

I told them to think of a it as a coffin that you are laying in where the lid is slowly closing.

I think I may have traumatized them a little. 

But it's inspired me to get out of my routine. 

Here is to the best summer summer of our lives!!
Don't tell Sugar about the shots thing. I am sure she prefers to be surprised:)
Lori Ann

1 comment: