Sunday, June 15, 2014

So I got that going for me...which is nice.

My dad at Normandy Beach

It's Father's Day again, people.

This year I've decided to share a few stories about my dad that I think about alot.

Let's do this dance....

A few years ago, when I lived in North Carolina, I was backing out of the driveway of one of my clients and talking to my dad on the phone for some reason. Probably about politics. I was racing to get to my next client and I almost hit the telephone poll at the bottom of that client's driveway. My dad told me that I need to slow down and take things one at a time. I think about that advice every day.

When my car got towed for being parked illegally  in my sisters complex (when I lived in Colorado), on the way to the car impound, I called my dad to rant about the injustice of it all. He ended up quoting some Billy Joel song lyrics to me (which I can't remember) and telling me "Every one in a while, you step out of line and 'the man' smacks you back in place'. I think of those words every time I feel overwhelmed by life's many injustices. :)

There are so many more stories.

The male flight attendant "hulkster" incident.

The mission pick up.

The Disney surprise.

The cutting up of the ice cream box.

The popcorn in a paper bag.

The hair brush fight incident.

The kitten in the rain at 4 am.

The 12th son of the Lama

The flowing robes

The grace


Bald


Striking

 

I think I have more stories about my dad then almost any other person in my life.

He still remains larger than life to me in many ways.

 My dad always knows the right advice to give. He is the first person I always want to talk to about politics, stress in my life, things I find interesting, etc.

He is an amazing person and I wish I had the right words to say to thank him for being such a good dad in so many ways.

Happy Fathers Day, old man.

Lori Ann

aka

Oreo


Previous Fathers Day tributes are

Here

Here

Here

1 comment: