Saturday, June 7, 2014

I would walk 500 miles...



Let me be the first to say that I am completely aware of my tendency to set unrealistic, 'feels good in the moment' type plans. 

My dad calls those kind of plans mental masturbation. Yes. Now you will have that phrase stuck in your head just like I do. You're welcome :) 

ANYWAY

I might be being a little unrealistic but I am making a plan. Because I feel like this this the time in my life to push myself.

 I've hit a wall with my diet and exercise. I haven't done either consistently since my half marathon at the end of March. It's been a little over 2 months of drifting along, snacking constantly, and walking (AT MOST) once or twice a week. I've gone to the gym a handful of times. 

But as of today I have 77 days until my next half marathon. And I want to take 30 minutes off of my time. 

So, here is my 75 day pre-marathon plan.

 It consists of 2 things only.

1. Walk 300 miles total. (or run..I would love to run as many of these as possible). I think 300 miles in 75 days should push me past this wall and get my body ready for the 13.1 on August 24th. 

2. Go to the gym 3 times a week. Not as often as serious athletes go, but I think this is realistic for me now. 

Of course I plan to eat better and everything. I try not to talk about dieting. It jinxes me :) 

So..the 75 days until the half marathon plan is going to OFFICIALLY start on Monday. Wish me luck. 

I will post my daily miles and something inspirational on my instagram. For accountability and also to look back on my progress. (my instagram is lori.ann.forever)

Wish me luck!!

Lori Ann 

1 comment:

  1. Another half marathon! Go you! :)
    I'm totally going to find you on Instagram now :)

    ReplyDelete