Sunday, June 1, 2014

Like summer wine

You have to listen to this song as you read this post!

Every couple of posts, I want to write about
moments of perfect happiness
in my life. I tend to be a whiner, but every once in a while I am able to step back and recognize that God has blessed my life with some incredibly perfect moments. 

Here is the first moment of perfect happiness. 

I love music. And especially song lyrics. They are more my poetry than traditional poetry. 

A few years ago my sisters (and nieces and nephews) were driving home to my apartment. When I lived in Chester county. The sun was setting and this Mary Black song 'The thorn upon the Rose" came on and we all (my sisters and I) ended up singing it. It was from a Mary Black album that my dad used to play on repeat track all night when we were kids. We don't really sing in my family, but that song is part of the fabric of our childhood. (along with a million others!) We told my sister's kids about how Grandpa would play music all night and in that moment, my childhood felt like a magical place that I missed so much. 

I doubt my sisters remember that night.

But it was a moment of perfect happiness for me.

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment