Friday, June 20, 2014

Into the city


This weekend is going to be epic, people!

Here is what is on the agenda:

One trip to the carnival. I am going to tell the children that we are not leaving until the following things happen: one complete emotional breakdown, ten fights over rides/toys, and someone pukes from too much cotton candy.

One trip to the city: We are going to see the Reading Terminal Market (site of my infamous pre-marathon carbo loading)- hopefully we'll get to some other places too but you could spend all day there and not see (or taste!) everything.

My primary lesson this week is on the Israelites and brass calf. YES. I have been waiting for the right lesson to push my political agenda. I can't wait to equate the brass calf to today's idols of 'fairness' and 'equality' and 'no one's feelings get hurt' and everything else I wrote about in my manifesto. I know you remember my manifesto :)

I am also going to try to get as close to 20 miles done as possible this weekend. I've gotten behind on my miles and I need to make up some ground to complete my 75 day challenge.

There is other stuff on the weekend agenda. Thrilling stuff. Like 'clean out the cat boxes' and 'mow the lawn'. But I think you people can only handle so much excitement at a time :)

Lori Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment