Thursday, September 25, 2014

I walked a thousand miles

Philadelphia- The Second Trip

So...yesterday I made my second trip to the city this week.

On this trip, I brought my trusty side kick-Jr

and the two other sister missionaries from my branch.

Sisters Jensen and Adams.

Both of whom are going home next week. :(
Can I just say that this trip ROCKED???

I got to see my only brother live out his dream of being Rocky.

(But better than Rocky because he was wearing a blue silky shirt and aggressive homeless people were trying to hassle him- which he survived quite well)
These sisters are honestly the coolest and best since the missionaries I knew on my mission.

And not only that, but they take an epic jump shot.
Not says "Birthplace of our Nation" like jumping for joy!! 
No city trip is complete without getting completely lost on the way to the Betsy Ross house.

 Because I trust my GPS more than I should.

 But we got Walt Whitman bridge pictures!!
Me and Sister Adams.

 I love this girl.

 She is literally young enough to be my daughter but she inspires me, listens to my long, rambling mission stories, and is such a genuinely kind person.
I kind of ruined this 'original cobblestone streets of Philadelphia' picture by looking like I only have one foot.

 Whatever.

 Like I've said before- 10 toes is overrated.

 We really only need 4 max.
For those of you that don't know, this is my new BFF.

 Her name is Shauri.

 She married this really cool guy from my branch and now she is stuck with me.

 We've already baked weird things together and I socially obligated her to come to the branch last night and have some Amish donuts.
Jr and I at Valley Forge.

 In about 3 weeks, I will have to come back.

 The leaves are just now starting to change.
Sister Jensen looking over the rolling hills at Valley Forge.

 This girl loves history and I wish I had time to show her everything that is historical and magical about PA.

 But she has to be a missionary and all. :)
Jump.

 Shot.

 Awesomeness.
And last but not least, this is my favorite.

I have been so blessed by the opportunities I have had recently to serve the sister missionaries and get to be part of their teaching people the Gospel.

I started rereading my Spanish book of Mormon for the first time in 10 years.

I feel God's love for me even more.

I have like 11 appointments today due to being out of work two days, but I would do it a million times over.

Being Mormon is the best thing that ever happened to me.

And not to get too preachy on you...

But I testify that the Gospel is true and it brings people so much happiness.

Like jumping in the middle of historic Philadelphia happiness.

Lori Ann

2 comments:

  1. You look so young in your pictures these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! (it's all photoshopping!!- and the fact that I am running around with missionaries!)

      Delete