Monday, September 22, 2014

On the streets of Philadelphia

So...

I took the sisters to the city today. 

It was epic!!


 We ran into other missionaries at the Reading Terminal Market. 

And then at the T-shirt shop. 


 And we saw Independence Hall.

 The tour guide was HILARIOUS!!

And some crazy ginger told me I shouldn't talk to the sisters about marriage.

 Whatever.

 I'm planning their center pieces right now. 


 I kept trying to get them to take "action shots"- but it's like they had respect for the building and all. 

Gosh...you'd think it was where the Constitution was signed or something...wait...


These poor things.

 I had no idea where I was and I literally dragged them all over the city.

 We had to have walked at least 3 or 4 miles by the end. 

It's been such a blessing in my life to be part of the missionary work in my branch.

Whether it's teaching with the sisters or taking them to the city. 
(I take the other set of sisters to Philly on Wednesday)

If you haven't read your mission journal recently (or ever), I advise reading it again. 

I can't count how many times I wrote about feeling lost, alone, and so tired. 

It reminded me that I had promised myself to always help the missionaries.

Which I haven't ever really done. 

Until now.

Now, even if it's something small, I am going to help them. 

I am grateful to live near such a beautiful, historic city.

And I am grateful to see it through the eyes of people who are seeing it for the first time. 

And, most importantly, I am grateful for my religion. 

To be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

The same religion which sent me, 12 years ago, to a city I had never seen before. 

I learned more in those 18 months outside Chicago then I have learned before or since.

A part of me will always be there. 

the former

Hermana Hinsdale
p.s- Speaking of my mission, there was a couple at the Liberty Bell who asked me to take their picture. They were so sweet and I realized they were from Spain when I they said "Gra-THEE-is" after I took the picture. I was able to speak to them in spanish and help them figure out where they needed to go next. I love randomly helping people with my spanish. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment