Monday, September 1, 2014

Time goes by

Ok, so I made a bunch of plans this weekend.

But I've spent most of it rummaging around in my storage bins, looking at a million pictures and scrap booking my life.

I have been carting around pictures in zip lock bags for literally years- occasionally looking at them but never doing anything with them.

So, I got kind of hyper focused on that. 
(between baking bread that scared me, being hit on by younger men and destroying things in my friend Michele's house, that is)

ANYWAY,

Lucky for you, I've downloaded all the pictures onto my computer and you are about to the recipient of a bunch of pictures and stories about people you neither know nor are likely particularly interested in. 

Let's do this!


 This was actually from this weekend. 

Lately there have been some GIANT spiders everywhere. 

This one had built a huge web in the middle of our back porch.

In like 2 hours. 

I killed it, much to Katy's distress.

She did say she felt like it was in clouds with Heavenly Father now. 


 This is the man I am helping teach with the sister missionaries.

 He is such a nice guy. 

He always gives us candy! 


 Me and my Sugar cookie 


 The Amish white bread I made yesterday.

 It turned on me.

 Like most of my baking projects.


 We made it a point to capture all the really spiritual moments on our missions. 

To pass down to our grand kids and all :) 


 I keep telling the sisters I will take fall pictures of them if they want.

 Because I am obsessed with fall pictures! 
(Is it just me or do I look a little serial killer-y in this one?)


 I've been a natural with children my entire life. 

Sometimes, when I tell people I don't have kids, they cry a little. 

"The world has just lost it's most amazing mother" is what they say. 

Not out loud or anything.

But I can feel them thinking it. 


 Highlighting my hair with Tyler.

I had to try and compete with that hotness.
(They literally called her 'la bonita')

Another spiritual moment captured for posterity! 


 My mission nickname was the "the beast". 

I think because I worked so hard and was unstoppable. 
(as evidenced by the above picture)

The sad thing is that they never said it to my face. 

I don't think they wanted me to know they were jealous of my work ethic. 

So they only said it behind my back. 

If that's what they had to do to deal with their jealousy, that's fine :) 


Me and Mietzner and Chicago.

I have been reading the notes she wrote me in my mission journal.

She was always so kind.

Even in the face of my trunky, end of mission, middle of summer- stuck in the same area for a full year craziness. 

Which I think was the height of my crazy for my entire life. 

So, there is a hodgepodge of my life right now.

Now to immerse myself in scrap booking, dropping off bread, and sneaking furniture into my office...

Lori Ann

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the picture with you holding the baby. It totally looks like the baby just farted in your arms. Remember how holding babies was against mission rules?! That was so ridiculous! So maybe your expression in this picture is more like, "Hey there, President, hehe, I don't know how this baby got here. hehe. Has anyone seen this kid's mom? Somebody take her!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mission rules were nuts! I totally get the purpose. You've got hundreds of 19 and 21 year old running around Illinois and they need boundaries and structure and not to get the church sued. But there were some that were just crazy :) I am still the same way with children. The only ones I like are my sisters kids. Sometimes they ask me at work if I could provide therapy for this child or that and I say "I hate children" and they kind of laugh nervously, waiting for me laugh. But I don't. I hate children. They are little adults who aren't accountable for their craziness :)

      Delete