Monday, October 11, 2010

All You Need is Love

This weekend I went home for the Big 3.

No..not Stalin, Churchill, and Roosevelt.

But close. 

My birthday.

Jack's 8th birthday.

Jack's baptism.

It was nice to be home and I loved seeing everyone.

However, on Sunday, I was having a bad day.

 I decided to go home early.

I wanted to stop by my sisters house and say goodbye to her and the kids before leaving. 

As I walked up the steps, I saw a little hand reaching up to open the front door. 

I heard Elly say

"Aunt Lurlee, where have you been? We have been waiting for you!"

I decided to stay for a minute and sat down on the couch and talked to my sister, who, ironically, is MY therapist.
 (both my sisters are)

 (wait, is that ironic? I don't really have a good grasp on irony)

When she got up for a minute, my James came running over to me.

Seeing me looking sad, he grabbed my hand and said

 "Look, Aunt Lolee- we've got Harry Potter clue! You like Harry Potter! Let's play the game!"

It almost made me cry.

My muffin babies were watching out for me. 

 When they invited me to play "rock, paper, scissors' I decided I should probably stay.

I spent the day singing songs in the screened in porch, watching the Sausue dance, naming cabbage patch kids, eating pizza with Uncle David, stealing orange creamsicles, and kicking Danielle and Jack's trash at Settlers. 

To the Monroes
(especially the 'fearsome foursome'- JJEK)

You are my wonderwall.

I love you so much.

See you at Thanksgiving!!

Love,

Aunt Lori 

3 comments:

  1. Does "kicking trash" mean maniacally stealing the victor's orange creamsicle? Elly asked where you were today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you had a good b-day, and I am so glad that those cute kiddos made you so happy! Are you still planning on moving up there? You know you want to move closer to NJ!

    ReplyDelete