Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round..

Working in an office is strange, at times. 

Actually, most of the time it is strange.

I realized that, due to the jobs my parents have
 (my mom's a nurse and my dad builds swimming pools

) I am the first person in my family who has a career that requires them to be in an office most of the day.

Office politics are real, home dog. 

People are stabbing other people in the back, there is a serious circle of office gossip and speculation, and SO MUCH MORE.

I recently decided to go back to my old job
(same company, different department).

 I was shocked at how people reacted.

 I got questions like:
"Was this your choice?"

"Did they push you out of here?"

"what is happening? "
 (said in a panicked voice)

Even weirder than the questions I got, was the call I got my from clinical supervisor telling me that it was time to tell people I was transferring departments.

 He then said
"Make sure you tell them it was your choice, not that you were moved around by the puppet masters"

It was that moment, when I felt like I had stepped out of my life and into some kind of espionage movie. 

Just another perk of the Spinster Life, I guess. 

If it makes you marrieds, and stay at home moms feel better, I grant you full permission to start up some 'office politics' in your marriages/families. 

You're welcome.

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment