Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Take your cat, and leave my sweater..

I try to be a charitable person.

Of course, like most people, I enjoy charity that is fun and easy. 

Baking cookies, sending packages.

 All the festive stuff.

Stuff that makes me feel good.

There are two..no make that three...ok, wait..four kinds of people I have a hard time showing charity to.

1. overly confident, "I'm just going to be me" people
2. ungrateful people
3. the elderly (but only in the thrift store)
4. Canadians

I would love to address all of these groups at length, but I will limit myself to number 1.

I am transitioning at work to another department and there is a girl who is replacing me.

I told her that I would move all of my stuff to my new office which is in the building next door, but we are both at my old office for the whole week, as I am training her in the position. 

So, I come into the office today, and she has CHANGED EVERYTHING and already moved into my desk. 

I'm not saying she did anything wrong, it was just kind of weird to me.

I feel like I am extra cautious and I try not to step on any one's toes or offend anyone, and people who are just like "whatever" are so strange to me.

I wonder the things that go through their mind.  

Lori Ann
***post edit***
I left off smug people.

 Smug people drive me crazy!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah.... I kinda tend to agree with you there. I think that's a bit weird too. To be honest, I find it a little off-putting and it makes me want to respond in passive aggressive fashion. I can't help but wonder what makes people think it is appropriate to act like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is another way we are alike, Laura! I ALWAYS respond to conflict in a passive aggressive way! I was totally floored when I walked in on tuesday and everything was changed. I have been hiding in erica's office, since I have nowhere to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just rude. You are training her. It is still your office!

    *Hayley

    ReplyDelete