Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A land down under

You know how everyone has that one non American friend?

That one that you refer to when you are kind of in a hipster type mood?

"This is my best friend Sven..he's Croatian".

It makes you seem super cool and well traveled to your friends.

Well, TSC is so anti-hipster, but I will admit...

I do have that friend.

Introducing my VERY FAVORITE Australian EVER..

Sarah

Sarah and I met on a strange tour bus in the middle of Europe.

In 2007, I went on a two week Contiki tour of Europe. Like 11 cities in 12 days or something.

Contiki; by the way, is code for "everyone on this bus will be drunk and mildly hostile"

Anyway, Sarah and I became travel companions.

She taught me Australian slang.

She saved me seats.

She ran through the streets of Amsterdam with me.
(well...she ran, I sped walked, yelling "just leave me!")

She tried weird foods with me.

We walked down the Spanish Stairs together, through the gates of a concentration camp together.

We rode a gondola through a tiny Venice canal and saw Paris from the top of the Eiffel Tower.

We somehow avoided pot together and whistled at hot tranvestite hookers together.

Every picture I have of myself in Europe was taken by Sarah.

She is hilarious, 'no worries', scary smart, kind to strangers, a good friend; and perhaps most important, part American. 

And she needs to get herself and her adorable husband out here to visit ASAP!

Check out her new (and super cool) blog out in my sidebar. ====>>>>>

(where she talks about getting ready for Halloween now that it's spring. So strangely awesome)

 Lori "yeah, I have an Australian friend" Ann

1 comment:

  1. Omg! A shout out from The Spinster Chronicles! I'm so honoured! I always knew I'd be Internet famous, I just didn't expect it to come so soon! But oh, the pressure now to provide thought provoking, compelling and witty blog entries is just too much...!

    Thank you so much for your kind words - they mean so much to me :)
    It made me cackle, remembering some of those crazy adventures. I'll never forget running through Amsterdam. It was like some weird version of The Amazing Race :)

    There will be more blogging tonight after work - and I love that you commented on every post! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete