Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Did you think it would?


Ok, so we sadly must interrupt this week of blogging about epic Jersey adventures and report the following:

Last week, I fell off the wagon.

I wore these weird shoes to work on Tuesday and they hurt my feet and so I decided to stay off of them for a day so that I didn't do any long lasting damage.

One day turned to about seven.

And I wasn't just missing the exercise. I was eating salt water taffy, drinking root beer, eating cheese fries, slices of pizza, and ginger ale by the gallon.

I was; I realized, just falling back into the old me.

And I'm not going to let that happen. Not ever again.

Today was the first time I have been walking in a week.

And my gosh, I could feel it.

When I was walking several miles every day, I got to a place where; when I walked, I felt like I was on one of those airport moving sidewalks- (the best ones are in SLC)- like my feet could just glide along and I could keep going forever.

Today, I felt like I was dragging two dead tree stumps through the swamp.

I only did 2.2 miles but it felt like 10.

Let this be a lesson you, Lori Hinsdale...and to all of my dear readers...

It's so painful climbing back on the wagon.

No matter what, even if you have to cling on by your fingertips, it's better to hang on.

Lori Ann

p.s.- I'm going to the gym tonight, baby! Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

  1. You're allowed to slip up now and again. The good thing is that you've realised it when you did and you're changing your ways! Good luck with the gym :)

    ReplyDelete