Thursday, August 8, 2013

Such a sweet surprise

Ok, let's make it official and call this

"The long summer of tedious health and fitness updates from Lori".

I am getting bored of this topic.

But will that stop me from blogging about it? Of course not.

So, anyway...

I am always looking for signs that I am transitioning into a healthy person. Instead of a "this is just a manic few months of working out to be shortly followed by regaining all the weight and then some" type person.

A few things that I have noticed lately that give me hope:

1. It looked like it was going to rain the other day right before I left work. I was grumbling to myself  "It better not rain and ruin my walking". Holy hannah...old Lori would have prayed for rain as a reason to get out of walking.

2. I realized today that I have been going to the gym (at LEAST 2 times a week) since April. It's August now, b@$tches!

3. I have 7 workout itunes mixes. (including the much dreaded "5 mile mix") 

4. Today, after walking a few miles and working out I was so excited to leave the gym and treat myself.  I was going to stop at the CVS and get myself....drum roll, please.... a giant flavored water and wild cherry tic tacs.  Not a box of tasty cakes. Not a king size kit kat. Not 3 cokes and a bag of pretzels. (All things I've stopped to get myself before). I STOPPED FOR FLAVORED WATER AND TIC TACS, baby!!

5. When I got to the office, somebody had brought donuts in and I didn't even stop to smell them, much less eat 2. Or 3.


So, there you have it.

Maybe I am really becoming the healthy Lori.

Weird.

Anyway, those wild cherry tic tacs are calling my name:)

Lori Ann





No comments:

Post a Comment