Monday, August 12, 2013

But it's only in my dreams



Whenever someone says that they are going to blog about a dream they had, I get so excited. I mean, what is more exciting than someone else's dreams?

Umm..yeah...just about anything else.

I think I'd rather proof read your tax returns than hear about your dreams. (Unless you are my client, in which case I will say "Oh, that's fascinating. So what happened after your mom turned into a snake?")

Anyway, in classic TSC tradition, we are going against everything we stand for.

This blog post is about my dream last night.

So..me and my whole family were staying the little ski resort town that my sister Erin used to work out. It's literally for the super rich only. I babysat there and they gave me an IPOD as a tip.

Anyway, so it's Christmas time and we are all there.

We open all of our Christmas gifts one night when I realize that I got NOTHING. Not one gift.

And this becomes the central theme of the rest of the dream.

For some reason, shortly after the gift opening, my dad starts drinking all those little liquor bottles and is headed for alcohol poisoning. I turn to my shocked and concerned family members and say "I don't know if any of you realize this, but I got no gifts"

Of course, in my dream I had resolved to say nothing and be a total martyr. I frequently do this in real life. Of course, as in real life, my resolve lasted two minutes.

So then my mom ends up going back up to our vacation apartment (?) and is followed up there by a pot dealer.

These other thugs won't let us on a elevator to go and save my mom. Not sure why. But I keep saying to them over and over "Bottom line is, I didn't get any gifts".

I think I woke up about then. Luckily for you, dear readers.

Anyway, there you have it.

Fascinating, eh?

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment