Monday, August 26, 2013

There's a good energy in the gym


So my personal trainer texted me this morning.

"We miss you at the gym!"

Ugh.

Despite my "hang on by the tips of your fingers" post last week, I haven't really gotten motivated to work out and get back to the gym.

Yes, both of my feet have had various issues but there nothing I couldn't work around.

I only walked 3 miles total last week.

I didn't even get to the gym ONCE.

I know this feeling.

This is the top of the icy hill, about to go down the slippery slope of laziness.

This is one of the hardest battles I have ever fought. My head will start with me, giving me a million and one reasons not to go the the gym, not to walk, not to do ANYTHING except veg out in front of the TV and go to bed early.

My brain has the sweet, seductive voice of the devil. 

"You've had a long day of dealing with other people's mental health issues, give yourself a break"

"You can get up early tomorrow and do it. That will be awesome!"

" You are so tired. Just give yourself the night off. One night won't kill you"

" Go home, go to bed early, and then tomorrow, you can really focus and get started!"

I've thought all of these things in the last 5 minutes. (because I brought my workout clothes and am planning to go to the gym after work)

This time it has to be different. I want a different life. I want a different body. I don't want anything to slow me down anymore.  

So...

I'm signing up for another 12 (expensive) sessions with my trainer.

I was going to try and do it on my own but I need the accountability and the encouragement.

Back to the gym we go....

Lori Ann

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You are so sweet to comment. You keep me motivated. When am I going to get an update on YOUR life? With your adorable husband and cute house? (which I totally plan to move into the basement of when I make the move to Australia!)

      Also, can we talk about when you are coming to visit REAL America? aka The East Coast!!

      Delete
    2. Funny you should mention it, because YOU inspire ME! Hope you had a good workout at the gym :) I think you need to do a blog entry on what makes for the best workout music, then we should compare notes. I bet my playlist is ten times more embarrassing than yours :)

      Wonder no more about my life! I've created a blog: http://justanotheryahoo.blogspot.com.au/

      Please drop by and give my blog some love :)

      We don't have a basement, but we DO have a spare room. I'll start painting it in your colours in anticipation of your arrival!

      My dream is to finally, finally see the East Coast! You can tell me all the best places to go and the tourist traps to avoid :) Speaking of tourist traps, how far IS it to the Wall Drug from your place? ;)

      Delete