Monday, August 19, 2013

We've got each other and that's alot

I once wrote a post about how going to Europe made me feel like I was going home, even though it was a place that I had never been. Going to Jersey feels the same in a strange way. 

Except I've been there..oh yes, I know Jersey well.

Here (in 23 torturous pictures) is a look at our beach weekend/family reunion/crazy party/emotional journey of the last few days..
Every great Hinsdale trip starts with my dad cussing everyone out. This time it was for letting the infamous Sour Krout escape the house. 
Elly took literally 184 pictures of herself. Oh Elly..you truly are my mini me

Another Amish market!
We got donuts and bread and pretzels and every other kind of carb known to man
Then we arrived at the Jersey shore. Wildwood to be specific. I've lived there and it hasn't changed much. Stay classy, Wildwood!
Off to the beach!
It was about a mile of HOT sand to get to the ocean. 
My very favorite picture of the whole trip!
A 'real' vacation picture. Uncle Dave was keeping the kids entertained while Danielle and I changed in the car. Nothing like risking a fine for indecency. 
Junior and the kids got lost in the fun house. ha ha. We kept seeing their feet going around in circles.
One day I will get them all synchronized on a 'jump shot'
This one is for you, Eri!
After about 8 hours on the beach and boardwalk
 Our best vacation meltdown!
checking out on our way to church:) Don't my mom and the girls look so pretty?
Danielle and the girls!
We had my grandma's party at the Cape May Zoo. 
My cousin Maddy decorated everything and I am totally going to stalk her pinterest now!
My mom and her sisters
My mom, her sisters, her mom, and one of my uncles. 
Jack Jack kept saying that Aunt Debbie looked like Nana Terry's twin. They are Irish twins- born less than one year apart:) 
We Hinsdales/Monroes keep it classy at family gatherings!
The whole family picture after Sacrament Meeting. It's missing probably about 30 or more people.

So, I know this is a long picture post but I have SO MANY STORIES. You don't even know. Things get crazy when you cross the state line into Jersey.

There is the splat pig incident.

The "he is not to be disturbed" incident.

The musical number from hell.

The "don't let the kids apply their own sunscreen" incident.

And, you guys, I found someone in my mom's family who is just like me! She writes fan fiction and loves Harry Potter and she is learning to use a bow and arrow like Katniss!

I don't know if that means my cousin Ann is mature for 15 or I am immature for 33. Who knows? :)

I'll be blogging about this all week! Be warned!

Lori Ann

1 comment: