Thursday, October 17, 2013

I can't wait much longer

*Feel free to press play and listen to a little Kanye as you read this exciting random thoughts update*

Today I ran a mile. Not consecutively. I walked a mile, ran a half a mile, walked another half mile, ran a half a mile, and then walked one more half mile for a total of 3 miles- 2 walked, 1 ran.

Kanye always comes on my ipod just when I think about giving up.

I made a candy corn wreath last night. Because I'm kind of in a manic phase. I've been thinking about going to the movies tonight at 10 pm. On a Thursday.

Last night I also watched the newest episode of "The Blacklist" out on the back porch under the stars. *sigh* Why do men get so much better with age? I loved 16 Candles James Spader but the Blacklist James Spader is #sohotIcannotthinkstraight. (some things just call for a #)

I am currently working on assembling two packages. So if you live in either Jersey or Australia- it's time to start freaking out:)

Well, not so much Australia. It takes like 7 weeks for stuff to arrive over there.

Someone gave me a partially eaten Baby Ruth bar today.

I wrote a whole long ranting blog post about why conservatives are like the strict mom and liberals are like the every other weekend fun times dad but decided not to publish it. Because I feel like I have a huge liberal audience- possibly in the millions at this point- and I don't want to antagonize anyone:)

I think I am going to Valley Forge this weekend. It's on my fall goals list to see somewhere in PA that I have never been. I live 35 miles from Valley Forge and have NEVER been there. How sad, eh?

Lori Ann

6 comments:

  1. ..... How many Australian readers do you have out there...???
    !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only are you my ONLY Australian reader, you are the only Australian I know. Kind of. But you are FOR SURE the Australian that shall be recieving a package in the near future. It was going to be fall themed but I am thinking it will be more American Thanskgiving themed. When is Australian Thanksgiving? (or do you have one?)

      Delete
    2. Yay! I'm so excited! (And I just can't hide it)
      Thanksgiving themed will be perfect - we don't have thanksgiving here in Australia, BUT my sister in law is holding one (I will be bringing candied yams)! I'll have to show you the invite she made - it's very festive :) and of course I'll have a blog post all about the event :)

      Delete
  2. By the way, well done on your mile! Soon you'll be running 5 miles no sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, your liberal audience thanks you ;)

    Second, and more importantly, way to go on your mile! You are truly an amazing inspiration! It sounds like you have your own plan, so I don't know if this interests you or not, but when I started running I used a couch to 5K app. It helped me immensely because I don't know if I could have figured out on my own what was a good balance between walking and running. The one I used is called Get Running, and I chose it because of the friendly and encouraging British lady who tells you what to do. So, if you're interested, there's my recommendation. And, if not, there's my encouragement, too. You are amazing and you can do whatever you put your mind to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, Allison:)

    I will look into that program. Right now I am just kind of winging it and I am sure that is the path that leads to shin splints and a crashing end to my running career.

    I really appreciate your support. It means a lot to me to just hear other people cheer me on:) And of course, I will remember you when I cross the NYC marathon first (probably next year).

    ReplyDelete