Monday, October 7, 2013

Watching the tide roll away


Today I am 34. 

This blog is officially 4 years old.

I think the last 4 years have worn off the last of the child like excitement I used to feel surrounding my birthday.

It's kind of like an average day where people give me gifts. 

I think that is good for me. 

It's a sign (hopefully) of emotional maturity.

Anyway, here are my goals for 34.

1. Go to church every week for all 3 hours. 
(except Stake Conference which I consider a get out of church free card)

2. Get my Temple Recommend renewed. 
(Which means giving up the weed, younger men, and trips to Atlantic City, but I think I can do it:)

3. Exercise 5 days of the week- leading up to...

4. Walk the "Love" half marathon in Philadelphia on March 30th, 2014. Maybe run some of it- we'll see.

5. Do legitimate weekly service. (i.e.- not baking brownies for my dad)

6.  Do not wear my hair in a ponytail ONCE for the entire year.
  (I am wayyyyy too dependent on it- I need to learn to actually style my hair)

7. Give up all junk food- soda, candy, cake, any refined carbs and sugar. No exceptions.

8. Accomplish 12 items on my bucket list
(crossed off one today- adding a streak of pink to my hair!)


These are all self improvement goals. I usually fail at self improvement goals but I have a little momentum this year with some of these. 

I've started to see the benefits of some of them and I feel like that will help me get through the long, hard days when I want to give up.

If you've read this blog just for today, thank you.

If you've read every painful entry for the last four years, thank you.

I write mainly for myself and for my nieces and nephews to remember me and their childhood but I've appreciated every single supportive comment (and even the debates!)

Here's to another four glorious years of the infamous Spinster Chronicles.

(Although I fully anticipate that by then  it will be called "The I married an emotionally detached divorced man whose middle school aged children resent me just for the social status of not being a Spinster Chronicles") 

Lori Ann

p.s.- Thanks to my family for the...festive...gifts, the wonderful lunch, and for giving me the glory of having defeated an entire tableful of Monroes! 

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Lori! Can't wait to see what the year ahead holds for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow!!! Those are some lofty and ambitious goals!! 1,6, and 7 would be IMPOSSIBLE for me, although it would probably be good for me to try. If any one can do it, it's you! I can't believe you've been blogging consistently for 4 years. Is it ok for me to call myself your biggest fan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of people who want that title, Tyler. But because you survived living with me for who knows how many transfers, I am giving the title of biggest fan to you:)

      Delete