Thursday, October 10, 2013

Time will be sweet for thee



Things I would rather be doing at this moment instead of sitting in my office.

1. Watching "the Village". I know people say it's a 'lesser" M. Night Shyamalan movie but there is something about it I love. Maybe it's the fall in PA scenery or the early American life. It makes me feel like fall is magical and a little spooky. Also, Joaquin Phoenix.

2. Walking through the cold rain, listening to my tragic love songs play list. (the one my sister Erin calls 'the suicide mix')  I love the rain in fall. I tried to recapture this feeling by laying on my office floor between appointments and listening to "a little fall of rain". But it was not the same.

3. Laying on my parent's couch, covered by the really warm fur blanket thing they have, watching the news with my dad and the cats. Drinking hot chocolate. Sounds like heaven.

4.   Baking something. Something that smells like pumpkin or apple but tastes like new york cheesecake.

5. Anything, really. Anything but work today.

It's my long day too. I still have 5 1/2 hours to go.

And I'm almost out of tic-tacs.

Get here soon, weekend!!

Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. I love The Village! I was one of the haters when I first saw it, but I appreciate it for what it is now. Very clever film. And the scenery, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete