Monday, October 14, 2013

If you had one shot


You guys.

Today I ran half a mile. 

RAN.

I was out doing a short two mile walk around the park when I thought 'eh..I'll try jogging for a second'.

I went all the way around the half mile track without stopping.

The sweat was getting in my eyes.

I was breathing like I was having an asthma attack.

I was having a crazy inner monologue battle with myself- "Just do it. You can be a runner" "Shut up with all that inspirational crap" " I can be inspirational if I want to be!" "I will kill you!" 
(All my thoughts arguing with each other)

I probably looked completely deranged. 

People with short legs do not graceful runners make.

But I did it. 

I DID IT!!

You guys, it's ok if you want to call me "your runner friend" from now on. I'm cool with it.

Lori Ann


1 comment: