Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I hope you don't mind

Jack Jack with Nana Terry and "her twin"

Today is a very important day.

It's the 11th birthday of the cutest baby ever born who has somehow turned into the handsomest, smartest young man I have ever met.

My nephew Jack.

He has changed all of our lives.

Jack, when you read this one day, I want you to know...

You are brilliant.

You are so sweet.

You are just like your dad in all of the good ways.

(And some of the 'debbie snack cake' ways too!)

You are a great leader for your siblings.

You taught me what it really means to love someone more than my own life.

I can't imagine what the future holds for you but I know you'll be amazing at whatever you do.

I can see you being an experimental chef, a video game maker, a stay at home dad to 6 crazy girls, a teacher- you could do anything you wanted.

I have loved every minute of the past 11 years. From clapping for you as a baby, to chasing you as a toddler, to creating secret clubs with you as a little guy, to now making youtube 'Chopped' videos with you as a young man.

I have a million memories that I will always cherish.

Thank you for being you. You are incredible and I thank God every day for bringing you into our family.

Love always,

Aunt Lori

2 comments:

  1. I am a little dubious about the chasing him as a toddler part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did chase him! Of course, he always outran me which required me to lay on the ground and whine, but I stand behind my claims of chasing!!

      Delete