Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Well I think it's a total disgrace


Once again, TSC is going back on it's word.

We promised not to talk about politics until 2014.

But come on..a government shut down?

I bet both parties are waiting to hear my analysis before proceeding.

So...

Let me; for the record, give up all pretense of objectivity.

I despise liberal ideology.(shocker, I know)

Now here is where I usually go into my whole "well, there is good points on both sides, I am trying to be fair" apologizing for my beliefs song and dance.

Not this time.

Most liberals do not apologize for their beliefs. Because to them, they are passionately held ideals which should not be apologized for.

Rather than passionate ideals, conservatives are painted as having "extreme right wing ideology".

Well, it's my passionate ideal that the government not compel people to buy things they don't want. Do things they don't want to do. Believe things they don't want to believe.

It is my passionate belief that our representatives are there to represent us. Not to make cozy, 'go along to get along' deals that inevitably take us closer and closer to a  Brave New World type existence.

Where everyone takes their soma and sacrifices the individual for the greater good.

My passionate ideals are: 

The less government the better.

The less worshipping at the idols of fairness and equality the better.

The less of a social "safety net" that slowly tangles up and immobilizes large numbers of our fellow citizens the better.

The less Uncle Sam is the dad and provider for our nation's children the better.

The more that can be done at a state and local level the better.

I could go on and on and I know that not much of what I've said is actually relevant to the issues that are happening in the government shutdown.

But like I always say- I write this blog not so much for myself or whoever is reading it today but for my nieces and nephews (or if I were ever lucky enough to have my own children) and I want them to know what I stood for. What I believed.

Not just what kind of crafts I liked to do or how I decorated my Christmas tree.

Once again, one thing I do admire about liberals is that they don't apologize. They don't let anyone shame them for their beliefs. They don't remain quiet or passive out of fear of offending someone.

This is one liberal philosophy I can get on board with.

Lori Ann

p.s.- No matter how much the media spins it, hang in there Republicans! A lot of us are with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment