Saturday, October 26, 2013

Til the day I die

James, you evaded my camera almost the whole day. And sang "Bad Company" to your family over breakfast. James Ray, you make me laugh more than your mom and Aunt Erin. And that's saying something. Tomorrow, I promise to teach you 'the X word'. 
The opposing team's coach kept saying "watch out for the girl in the pink" during Elly's soccer game today. Elizabeth Mae, you are a star. It doesn't surprise me to know that's where you came from:) 
Katy came out to try and befriend a stray cat in her backyard today. She spent twenty minutes standing by the fence (after the cat ran away) calling "here kitty kitty". Katherine Danielle, you are my example of kindness and caring. 
Jack made a 'snicker doodle cookie" (sugar cookie with a mini snickers on the inside) during our cookie baking party today. With a mint and brownie garnish. Jack Allen, you are creative like no one I've ever known before.

On the way to soccer Elly asked me again when I was going to have a baby. I gave her my usual speech about when I find a man who is either A.wealthy B. has a hot accent C. gay or D. all of the above-
then I will have a million babies with him.

(Don't pause to question my logic about 'C' like my dad always does. This is my fairy tale, dammit)

I also told her that I would be ok if I never had my own babies because just getting to spend some of my life with them had made me so happy.

She responded to this sentimental declaration by demanding that I buy her a slushie after her soccer game.

So heartwarming.

Never change, Monrobies.

I love you more than my own life.

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment