Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I've seen rain

I DID NOT want to go walking this morning. Like the DID NOT that starts the minute you wake up and your brain starts giving you all the reasons why you shouldn't it.

It's hot.

I'm so tired.

One day doesn't matter.

You can do it tonight.

I just want to lay in bed and read.

I think I had all of those thought before 5:15 am.

I did it, though. I got 3 miles in this morning and I'm hoping to pick up a couple more tonight after the news. (my day is not complete without the news!)

But I wanted to use this post today to remind myself why it's important to just keep going.

Before I lost 171 lbs I couldn't do the following:

Walk even a quarter mile

Get through a trip to walmart without having to sit down

Sleep laying down flat

Get up from the ground easily

Fit in a standard seat belt

Fit on a plane seat

Sit in a booth

Stand for longer than maybe 10 minutes

Go on any amusement park rides

Tie my shoes standing up

And a million and one other things.

Last week at the carnival Elly was begging me to go on the Ferris Wheel with her and James. The whole time in line I was holding my breath and preparing what I would say to them when I didn't fit into the seat and they were embarrassed by their overweight aunt.

But, you guys, I fit into the seat no problem. And throwing our hands up and screaming as the Ferris Wheel spun around and around is and always will be one of my favorite memories ever.

And I can't go back to who I was before.

Which is why I HAVE TO get up and walk.

 And run.

 And get to the gym.

And stop hording Swedish fish in my office.

Wish me luck.

Lori Ann

6 comments:

  1. Your blog is too amazing and inspirational to keep to yourself. I keep wanting to share it with other people but then I can't because it's private (It just dawned on me that that's probably the point.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only private because I promised my sister I wouldn't keep putting her kids out there on the internet:)

      Delete
  2. This is my favourite post! I'm so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) I appreciate all of your supportive comments:) this blog motivates me to keep going!

      Delete
  3. Geez.....you are holding out on me....Swedish fish.....really????

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really are incredible. And your writing is inspirational and motivates me to atleast try!

    ReplyDelete