Sunday, February 16, 2014

And they worked out a plan


So, not to get too health and fitness crazy here at the Spinster Chronicles but we do need to talk about something serious.

Only 40 days until my half marathon. 

I already have a hotel room. 

It's cost me a total of close to 250 dollars between the hotel and the registration and everything.

There is no backing out now.

It's scaring me a little.
(but all really good goals should scare you a little)

So, I have been going to the gym. Just not that consistently.

And I haven't been walking/running because I LOATHE the treadmill. And there is nowhere to walk outside right now. Everything is covered in ice and snow.

Not a good excuse, I know. 

I did get on the treadmill today for 3 miles. 

But I've got to do a lot more than that. 

A half marathon is 13.1 miles. 

The furthest I've walked in my life up to this point is 7 miles. 

I guess what I am trying to say is that I am going to try and make the next forty days of my life very focused and push myself to achieve this goal.

If I could complete a half marathon (and my only goal is to finish in under 4 hours) I know it would be a huge confidence booster for me. 

So, if this blog goes to a weird fitness-y place, don't be alarmed. 

I'm trying to keep myself motivated and inspired. 

Wish me luck!

Lori Ann

p.s.- I am always looking for good music for my half marathon mix or ideas to keep me motivated if you've got any!!

p.p.s.- I think I'm going to start the marathon with a little "Goodbye Earl"- I feel so inspired listening to it right now. The part where it says "Right away, Mary Ann flew in from Atlanta on a red eye midnight flight, she held Wanda's hand and they worked out a plan" reminds me of my sisters so much:) 

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you about the treadmill. It seems a lot harder than going outside. You look great and I'm excited to hear all about your marathon!!

    ReplyDelete