Saturday, February 1, 2014

Forever could never be long enough

There have been a lot of important things going on in my life. 

Important like chili cook off victory, teaching my nieces to apply make up street walker style, making strange stuff for my friends, and random mental health diagnoses. 

Michele and I won second place in the chili cook off- let's start there. 
There were nine competitors. We were number 7. Our chili was called "Aunt Annie's Wild Chili Surprise" 
The surprise was that it was just chili. Cool, eh?
Here it is. Right next to "Flaming Freud's Chili"
Made by one of our psychiatrists, Diana.  She is the one who has been George Clooneying me.  Look at her apron!
Anyway- we totally won fair and square. There was none of the following involved in our victory: 

My dad actually making the chili.

Socially pressuring our coworkers to vote for us.

Voting multiple times. 

Absolutely NONE of that occurred. Nope. 

On to the next topic. 

Making weird Valentines Day crafts for my friends. Especially my new BFF- Michele.

 My niece keeps talking about her two BFFs at school and I always tell her about Michele. 

Michele listens to me whine. (I send her minimum 20 emails a day. 19 of them are me whining) 

Michele pushes me out of my comfort zone. ("Lori- you run social skills group therapy. You have to socialize")

Michele is going to hook me up with her hair dresser AND tattoo artist.  

The least I can do is make her weird craft gifts and leave my almonds in her office. 
Sugar is my crafting assistant 
Now that this blog is private, I have been kind of breaking my promise to my sister not to put her kids out there on the Internet. I hope none of you are pervs. Well, not that kind of perv, anyway.You can be an appropriate perv if you want. 

I love watching my nieces and nephews sleeping. They look like the baby versions of themselves and its so magical. 

Speaking of betrayal, look who is lounging with my parents! 

The previously mentioned classy make up. 

I know this post was all over the place. It's probably because of my new meds. 

So, I had my psych eval and I got an official ADHD diagnosis. 

Which doesn't sit well with me because I have always had this idea that you can't be overweight and have ADHD. But I manage both. Don't ask me how I do it :) 

And now I'm on meds for it. 

Which are making me get things done. 

But it's making me want to get TOO much done. Like covering 19 topics in this blog post. 

I'll probably take myself off this one soon enough:) 

I miss the crazy!

Lori Ann

p.s.- I photoshopped the heck out of myself for my new banner. My skin has never looked like that- but the cool thing is my nieces eyes are really that blue!

2 comments:

  1. Wow....clearly all over the place...LOL...but you did accomplish a lot and you will NOT go off the meds...give them a chance...you have not lost Lori...you are just fine tuning her.....so leave the meds alone.....I can hardly wait to see the Valentines Wreath...but it may have to wait a week....because this week will be another week of weather issues...UGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new banner! You all have the most beautiful blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete