Saturday, February 22, 2014

Just an old, sweet song

Sooooo..... Today was interesting. 

I broke up a fight, speed walked 8 miles, and made rice krispy treats with my successor. 

It was epic. 

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the fight but here is me after 8 miles on the devil treadmill.

I was SO excited to walk today because it was a beautiful day. I drove to the park I always walk at, put on my headphones, laced up my sneakers- Ode to Joy was playing as I started around the 1/2 mile track.....and then...ICE.

All the snow was melting and anywhere on the track that was in the shade was covered in slippery, slippery ice. 

I was enraged. 

So, I inched back across the ice and drove to the gym. Where I had planned to walk 10 miles but only made it to 8. My legs were starting to feel a weird, icy feeling around 7 miles and I could really feel the metal in my leg. Also, I was done being surrounded by weird gym people.

I'll go for 9 next Saturday. 

One step at a time.

Before all of this, I made rice krispy treats with the infamous Katherine Danielle Monroe. 
We had a youngest child party. It was amazing. Even when Elly joined us, insisting that she had been the youngest child for 2 years and so should be able to help make the treats:) 

Then-later in the day- I saw two of my neighbors fighting. Which I would not normally involve myself in but one was an adult and one was a 12 year old. Child abuse kinda gets to me, I guess.

So, I tried to use my therapist voice and break things up. 

It got kind of resolved and I was able to go home and have some kosher pickles and fruit loops.

The end of a rather magical day.

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment