Friday, February 28, 2014

For Dawn on the 28th day




So, as I've talked about many times, the only real life long friends I have ever had have been my sisters.

I do have some people- primarily former mission companions- who, if they lived closer, I would demand that we be best friends. They are all (ok, all except 1) incredible women.

My therapist (I LOVE saying that) said I don't have friendship building skills because I moved so much as a kid and had a built in peer group with my siblings.

Also, I admit, I'm a little sociopathic and am not that interested in other people.

So, my point in all of this painful self analysis is that- you guys- I have real friends. Incredible, kind, wonderful, amazing, real friends.

And one of them is named Dawn.

And, as I mentioned in a previous post, she is helping me count down until my half marathon.

So, every day when I walk into my office, I find something like the above.

She has a son, a husband, a busy, busy job and a million other things to do, but she takes the time every day to support me in my weird goals. Who does that?

She is an example to me of true charity.

This whole changing my life and my health and becoming a better person has been the hardest battle of my life. (well, besides surviving Chicago, Ill for 18 months)

Thank you, Dawn.
You don't know how much your support means to me.

Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. Can you share the last digit of your phone number with me? I somehow deleted one digit of your number from my phone and now I can't text you!

    ReplyDelete