Sunday, February 9, 2014

How she's gonna find her way back home

Ada Bailey-Sparhawk & Naomi Sparhawk
These are my great great and great Grandmothers- Ada and Naomi

I have learned alot in the last 24 hours as I've immersed myself in family history.

I've learned that through my Dad's family I am a 13th generation American.

Our ancestor Robert Hinsdale came over in 1632- 12 years after the Mayflower.

He was later killed by Indians in a dramatic standoff (along with 3 of his sons)

I've learned that after 4 generations, my mother's family kind of disappears into the ether.

And not that I know everything about even those 4.

The more I learn, the more there is to learn.

I find one relative and that leads me to a million others.

Great aunts and uncles and their children, whom I've never heard of.

Generations of my family.

Most of whom are directly responsible for me even being here.

And I don't know them.

I don't know why I feel so inspired to do this.

I wonder what God wants me to find.

We shall see.

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment