Friday, February 21, 2014

He filled my life with endless wonder

Some things I don't want to forget from this crazy, crazy week. 

Seeing these in the hallway outside of my office yesterday. 

They are from my sister Erin. She sends me flowers a few times a year. Just because she is thoughtful like that. 

Erin never forgets me. She always knows when I am stressed or overwhelmed or if I just had a week with 100 back to back appointments in it. (or when someone tells me (like today) that an alligator could do my job better than me)


Best. Sister. Ever. 


This was hanging on my office when I got in earlier this week. It's from Dawn, one of my very favorite coworkers. She left me a card today that said "35".

She's counting down to my half marathon.

How sweet is that? 

She is also holding my crackers for me so that I don't eat more than 5 at lunch time. 

That's true friendship. 

Dawn is amazing.

Anyway...other stuff I want to remember...

James told me that I was "lame" because I didn't have the song Bad Company on my iPad.

Katy was talking about how she wants to be a mom one day. She said she is going to find her future husband in either New York or Utah. She was talking about being a little scared to have a baby in her stomach and so I said "You can always adopt a baby" and she said "I can just go to the hospital and get one?" 

She sounded really excited. :) 

All the marriage and baby talk prompted me to talk about the man I want to marry and I was listing the qualities I want: metro sexual, in touch with his feelings... and Jack Jack states "Someone who will do whatever you say"

How does he know me so well?

Speaking of Jack Jack- today he said that the reason that I get so aggravated with him at times was because I am still upset about not being present at his birth. (which I agreed with!)

(He was due Oct. 1st- I came out Sept. 30th and had to leave on Oct. 8th- the day he was born. My sister was half way through labor when I had to leave)

When I got home from work, Elly and her friend were playing outside in the snow. Elly yells over to me "Aunt Lori, we have ice powers!". Then, after a quick, whispered conference with her friend, she turns to me and states "Umm..never mind. No, we don't!"  They look so relieved when I said "ok". (I guess the ice powers are supposed to be secret. But I am so selling this story to the tabloids)


My parents are sick. This thing was waiting for me when I got home today. My mother has been trying to get her hands on a manniquin for her trainings at work. (she has asked in several stores "What are you doing with that manniquinn?" I told her that she was making us look like serial killers)

Anwyay, I gues she finally got her hands on one and it scared me like 10 times tonight. 

Bizzare. 

I've been to the gym almost every single day. 

I love my new gym. It helps me push myself to work out, knowing that the steam room and hot tub await me at the end!

I went to a weight loss support group and learned about organic stuff. (yuck)

Tomorrow, my goal is to walk/run 10 miles.

Wish me luck!!

Lori Ann

3 comments:

  1. I believe in you, Lori! I know you can do your job better than an alligator - and probably any other reptile for that matter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) I agree- reptilian brains are quite small..but once you get to mammals- it's anyone's guess who would make a better therapist- me or a penguin:)

      Delete
  2. So the world wants to know....did you get to do your 10 miles today??

    ReplyDelete