Thursday, September 8, 2011

La lluvia

I spent most of the day yesterday feeling like I was back on the mission.

I was running through the rain with my new work partner, Graziella (who looks A LOT like my mission trainer) and providing therapy to our Spanish speaking clients.

Spanish.

My one super power.

People will always ask "How did you do it?? I've been trying for so long".

I always tell them "just practice".

I guess I should say "Convert to the LDS church, wait a year, put in mission papers, hope you get called Spanish speaking, spend 9 weeks in intensive language training, followed by 1 year of people saying "What? What did she say? She doesn't speak Spanish does she?" while you cry and have semi mental breakdowns followed by about 3 to 4 months of feeling mildly proficient."

Odio mi companera. Quiero estar con Henry; el hombre de mis suenos, hablando ingles y viviendo la vida facil:)

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment