Saturday, September 3, 2011

Strange but not a stranger

Oh my gosh.

If you ever want to have a crazy day, look no further than my sister Danielle's house.

Here is what went down today at Casa de Monroe!

1. We modgepodged for the first time in history. And yes, it was EPIC.


2. Yes, I did get into a number of verbal altercations with a 3 year old. She always walks away the winner in every fight though. Dang her shrill scream and toddler attention span..

3. We stayed up late eating shrimp and ice cream, watching the newest BBC Sense and Sensibility. And discussing how completely NOT hot was Willoughby.

4. We reviewed our plans to create "reality romances". Enough of this millionaire, damsel in distress, tormented handsome hero crap. Our romances are going to be about twice divorced chain smoking women in their late forties, getting together with unemployed, balding men a few years younger and a few inches shorter than them. And also, we can't always gurantee a happy ending. Maybe they get together, maybe not. Maybe they just live in sin a few months and decide that it's not going to work. You never know with our all new fabulous "reality romances". (check your local bookstores soon!)

5. I told Danielle that my ideal husband would be like Edward Farris, only gay. She asked me how that was going to work and I told her I wasn't looking for a father for my children, just someone to watch reruns of "bath crashers" with :)


Thanks for letting me hang out, Monrobies!! Perhaps we can get together next month for Oktoberfest, and celebrate your proud German ancestory! (Nana Terry is not on that invite list, of course)

Lori Ann


1 comment:

  1. Post- hysterical, and guess what?!?! I left your blog up while I was cooking dinner and a little while later I heard Andrew say from the living room, "Lori H. is hysterical!". I asked him which part he thought was funny, and he said "all of it" and then read your other posts. I'm telling you, I've never felt so close to my husband. It's like he passed the biggest test of our marriage yet.
    So now I would just like to thank you for bringing us closer.

    ReplyDelete