Sunday, September 25, 2011

Stopping by West Mill St. on a Not So Snowy Night..


me...looking reflective...about two years ago...because I couldn't get the picture I wanted today...

Welcome to L.Ann Week on The Spinster Chronicles!!

The week of moody self portraits and excessive introspection.

Let's do this thing!

I want to tell you about 4 days that changed my life. The first was the day following my 23rd birthday.

It was the day my first nephew; my Jack Jack Attack, was born.

October 8th was the first day.

Then came the exciting and yet terrifying birth of our turkey baby, James, on the day after Thanksgiving- black Friday.

November 28th was the second day.

On a cold February day, the week before Valentines, on the five year anniversary of the day I entered the MTC, the jumping bean, Elly, arrived.

February 7th was the third day.

And then came the last.

The first spring baby our family has ever known.

 Our Katy Kat.Kat Rat. Rat Rat. Ratty.

April 29th was the fourth day.

Most of the days of our lives rush by, forgotten as soon as they are lived.

 Or remembered only in flashes of family gatherings, milestones, and faded memories.

 A blur of weddings, Christmases, baptisms,graduations, and a million other happy occasions.

Of all the occasions, of all the memories I cherish, only four days do I remember with pure, simple joy.


The days that brought me my JJEK.

My wonderwalls.

I should have come over and played today.

 I love you, babies!

Lori  Ann

1 comment:

  1. Lori, You are a genius! I tried to attempt a D.Christian, but it is not working for me. Maybe you can help me tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete