Thursday, July 17, 2014

A thousand more


I think my bipolar is clearly demonstrated on this blog.

 I am going to use it as evidence when I apply for disability. 

Yesterday I was whining and today I feel happy again.

So, since it's a happy day today I wanted to cover a few more 

moments of perfect happiness

from my life. 


In no particular order, here they are...

The day I left the mission field is moment one.

I knew my mom was going to come get me.

 Chicago isn't that far from PA, maybe a 12-15 hour drive and my parents had not gotten to pick up Danielle or Jr, so my mom said she would come get me.

 Seeing her walk through that door at the mission home was a moment of perfect happiness in my life.

 To be quickly followed by another moment- when my dad surprised me and showed up as well.

 My mom said to go and look outside the door and there he was.

 Within 2 minutes he was lecturing me and giving me life advice.

 After an intense 18 months of not seeing and barely talking to my family, seeing them in that moment was what I bet it feels like when we go home to Heavenly Father.

 Perfect happiness.

Another moment was the day we (the employees of Penn Foundation) toured our new building.

 You all know I love the building I work in.

 Anyway, it was bright and beautiful and then my supervisor pointed me towards me office.

 I've had many "offices"
 (the quotes are necessary)

I think 13 to be exact- starting with my shady half office/half game room at my first internship.

 Most of them were the size of a shoebox and slightly run down.

  Seeing this bright, big office made me feel like I was really an adult.

 Really a therapist.

 Really successful in that I was doing something I loved.

 It was a moment of perfect happiness. 

October 8th, 2002.

 The day after I turned 23, I became an aunt.

 I am so jealous of everyone that gets to be an aunt at a younger age

. Being an aunt is the best thing about my life.

 I didn't know what love really was until October 8th, 2002.

 (Even if I was on a layover in Chicago when Jack Jack was actually born)

And those are today's

moments of perfect happiness

We will return to your regularly scheduled whining tomorrow. 

We will also discuss my new plan to give up sugar. 
(as recommended by my nutritionist)

Get ready for the sugar detox. 


It's going to be painful for all of us. 

Lori Ann

1 comment:

  1. I've done a sugar detox. IT WAS BRUTAL. I swore afterwards that I would never turn to sugar again so I wouldn't have to endure it again. That didn't last as long as I wanted it to..... GOOD LuCK. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete