Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I'm following in His ways


Do NOT attempt to take cookies from my father. It will not end well.

This is my dad. Eating a giant plate of cookies made for him by my friend Dawn.

 (Happy Birthday, Dawnie!)
(I am totally going to write a post on Dawn tomorrow.
That girl rocks and has survived friendship with me for OVER A YEAR. Unheard of)

ANYWAY

He stopped by her pool on Saturday morning and fixed something. Just because I asked him to.

He was out there sweating. Swearing. The usual.

Dawn kept telling me "I'm going to pay him" and I told her "Don't even try. He will be offended".

I've had my grievances with the old man over the years and I always tell him that he should be paying for my therapy but I will always say that he is my example of true charity.

I can't count the number of times he had done something for someone not expecting anything in return.

 Rejecting any offer of money or thanks.

Never telling anyone what he did.

He used to take the missionaries grocery shopping and would stuff their carts full of stuff and then, when they tried to stop him from paying, he would say "You aren't big enough to stop me".

He mowed our next door neighbors lawn for years (she had a lot of issues) and no one knew. I found out when I happened to see him out there one day and asked him what was up.

Most people don't know how charitable he is because he doesn't talk about it or look for recognition.

There are qualities in each of my family members that I wish I had.

 Ways they are Christlike and such an example to me.

Charity is that quality in my dad.

I got really, really lucky when Heavenly Father chose him to be my dad.

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment