Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Ginger Snap


Dawn and the love of my life. Kelly.
(the dog I WILL steal from her one day)
Yesterday was my friend Dawn's birthday.

This will, therefore, (after years of family tributes) be my FIRST official, friend birthday tribute in almost 5 years of TSC.

It's a banner day, people!

Here are my very favorite things about this amazing girl on the day after her birthday...

Dawn is so sweet.

She has a very overwhelming job- she is our psychiatric medical assistant and deals with all of our client's medication issues, insurance companies, etc- and we've got like 10 psychiatrists- but there is never a time that I walk by her office and she doesn't say "Hey girl!" and take time to listen to me whine.

Dawn is a feisty red head.

She is actually slowly making me less of a ginger hater.
(Although I am super jealous of her fair 'I look like I am 18" skin. Seriously. Super. Jealous.)

Dawn is thoughtful.

She never forgets any one's birthday or special event.

She is the one that counted down my 1st half marathon with me.

She made me a sign EVERY DAY for like 50 days.

And since that wasn't enough, she organized a big (surprise) celebration, had a giant breakfast, made about 30 Team Lori shirts (which everyone wore all day), had the CEO stop by to cheer me on, had me featured in the company newsletter...you know..just a few small things.  

Dawn is a good mom.

She is at every baseball game, every school function, at the kitchen table doing homework after a long day at work.

She is exactly the kind of mom I would like to be.

Dawn makes me laugh. 

She sends me random emails and texts throughout the day when I feel like I am going slowly crazy.

Last night she sent me this picture.


It's hard to describe the awesomeness of Dawn in just words. 

But I guess what I am trying to say is that she is one of the kindest, hardest working, coolest girls I know.

I thank God for her friendship every day.

I think this is going to be your best year yet, Dawn!

You are an incredible person and such an amazing friend.

I hope you know that.

Lori Ann 

p.s.- The cookie war carried on into Day 2 last night. It wasn't pretty. There were accusations of cookie theft and cookie hording and it got pretty ugly. Also, my mom keeps saying "What can I do for Dawn?" Just be ready, my parents may take to lurking around your house, trying to be "helpful" :)

1 comment: