Monday, July 28, 2014

Maybe I never told you


Random Monday Morning Updates

I feel like I am writing such random stuff lately.

 Like I need to focus on more profound thoughts or my feelings about current events.

 But that takes a lot of emotional energy.

 I need my energy for plotting revenge and setting unrealistic goals.

My sister Erin in in town.

 In case I forgot to mention it 100 times.

 She is taking my niece Katy to adopt a kitten from the SPCA today.

 Holy Hannah

. Life is about to get really crazy.

I took today off from work since Erin is here.

 I love having Mondays off.

 Because it's the day I end up doing mostly mental health evaluations.

 And everyone needs a break from administering mental health evaluations. 

I had a sleepover with the infamous Queen Elizabeth last night.

 It involved face masks, sparkly nail polish, camp fire, and talking about true beauty. 
I look so scary in this picture. Yikes!

We had a family slash neighborhood camp fire last night and made smores.

 I forgot my phone so I couldn't take any pictures.

 It's nice to just live in the moment at times. 

It felt like magical childhood.

 The kids were roasting marsh mellow and chasing fire flies and laughing.

 My mom and Jr were singing in horrible accents, my dad was sitting in a wheelbarrow.

 It's moments like that when I find my hatred of summer dimming a little. 

I'm completely off track with my training and I've got just under 4 weeks.

 It's really, honestly time to kick it into gear. 

I went out with the sister missionaries to teach a Hispanic man named Paco. 

It's the first time since my mission that I have gone out teaching.

 It was amazing. 

It's weird how easy it is to go back to the place. 

Maybe because it's similar to what I do every day. 

Talking to people I've just met about serious and important issues.

The sisters told my sister Danielle that we sound alike, have the same laugh and the same mannerisms, etc.

 I pretended to be outraged but I always love it when people compare me to my mom or sisters. 

Ok, so we are going to be back on track tomorrow. 

One more day of fun and craziness and then back to our goals and focused blogging!

Lori Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment