Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Little ditty about...


My crazy brother in law with 3 of the 4 Monrobies
So, this isn't necessarily my story to tell but it was making me laugh so much that I wanted to record it for my posterity.
 (which won't be much since I had Sugar fixed)

Yesterday I ran by Jack and Danielle's to ask them a quick question and I see the two of them sitting at the kitchen table.

Danielle is holding up a drawing with 9 stick figures drawn on it and Jack is staring intently at it as Danielle is saying "And now, number 4..."

I don't like to ask a lot of questions about their marriage. It's usually better that way, trust me:)

 But I couldn't stop myself from questioning what was happening.

Danielle explained that Jack didn't really know all of the names of my mom's 8 siblings, their birth order, or too much about them.

 Apparently he thought our Aunt Cheryl and our Aunt Sharon were the same person.

 He didn't know who our cousin Maddy was.

Not that I blame him.

 We have about 40 cousins on my mom's side.

 I haven't even met all of them.

 (It's one of my bucket list goals to meet them all- I am just missing one- my cousin Holly)

I wish you could have been there though, people.

 The stick figures.

 Jack going "wait..who is this Ronald?" (my mom's 7th sibling) and Danielle saying " We haven't gotten to Ronald yet".

I guess you had to kind of be there.

 But it's something I didn't want to forget.

Lori Ann

Just for the record, my mom's siblings are as follows:
Terry (my mom)
Debbie
Cheryl
Walter
Michael
Dwayne
(the only one who has passed away)
Ronald
Sharon
Jennifer

There are 17 years between my mom (the oldest) and Jennifer (the youngest). I've spent the most time with my Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Walter though I don't see any of them all of that often.

And because I know you are finding this endlessly fascinating, here is the line up for my dad!
Ray
(passed away at age 4 in 1949)
Don
David (my dad)
Robin

I haven't seen my dad's siblings in years and years.

 My aunt Robin lives a few towns over but I haven't talked to her in years.

 Sometimes I think it's odd that she is to me what I am to Elly and Katy. They say I even look like her.

Anyway...that is today's oddessy in my family history!! Thanks for hanging in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment