Saturday, July 5, 2014

She was an American girl

Kids make every holiday feel magical.  
Some memorable quotes from this 4th of July day of celebration.

"You're not allowed to nap!" (Said to me, by Elly Mae, followed by her quickly pouncing on me as I lay in bed)

"I notice that the cheese dip is right there in front of you." "yes, and so are the ribs" (A conversation between my dad and brother in law in which Jack revealed his strategy for choosing a seat at the table for our barbecue)

"I tried to warn you about the sparklers, but you didn't listen to me. Now you've hurt my sister! And I'm not coming back here until you apologize to my sister!" (yelled at me by the Katy cat after Elly burned her foot on a sparkler as she was waving one around, assuring Katy they are not dangerous)

"Where did you get a roman candle?!" (My dad to me, assuming that I have some kind of shady fireworks hookup. I do. It's called the walmart fireworks aisle)

" No one said "thank you mom for spending way too much money on the ice cream truck that was hustling me on the fourth of July" (Danielle discussing the large amount of money she spent on overpriced ice cream from the shady ice cream truck)

"Every time I call you and Danielle you are both crabbypants" "but you called me when the power was out and I was hot!" (Me and Erin discussing whether or not a lack of electricity justifies one being a 'crabbypants" or not)

"I want to give another cat a flea bath!" (Elly, after participating in the infamous monthly Sugar flea bath. We asked her mom about giving their cat a flea bath, to which she replied (quite haughtily) "Willow has never had a single flea")

I know these quotes are likely only funny to me. But they are little moments I don't want to forget as the years go by.

Lori Ann

p.s.- I am feeling an intense lack of motivation again about my training. I only have 50 days until the next half marathon and I still have 245 miles to go. I've got to get out there. Cross your fingers for me. I AM GOING TO DO THIS. (the all caps are for you, Grida!)

2 comments:

  1. LOL...I know you are Lori....I have no doubt in the world.......you just need to keep your motivation up during the week...so that you don't have to worry about it as much during the weekend when you are doing tons of things with your family and that way you won't feel like you are missing out on something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that. I will see you this afternoon for our walk!!

      Delete