Thursday, July 3, 2014

What can make me feel this way



The Sugar Cookie
(aka Sugar December Hinsdale)


Weird Thoughts on the Last Day of Work Before a 3 day Weekend!

I almost enjoy the last day of work more than I enjoy the 3 day weekend. The same way I enjoy the Christmas season more than Christmas. The anticipation of something is often better than the reality :)

Elly gave Sugar her middle name. She said "I have a month as a middle name (Mae) and Sugar should too!"

It was the kind of hot yesterday that makes me hate summer people. The ones that whine EVERY DAY in winter and talk about how they JUST CAN'T WAIT for summer. I feel like saying "Is this what you wanted, you idiots??"

I've been going to bed early. Like weird early. Last night I had fallen asleep by 8 pm. I didn't really wake up until 7 am. (except for one hour awake around 2 pm, watching house hunters and eating an english muffin with my Sugar)

I think it's the meds. I can tell they are doing something to my brain. We'll see if it's something good they are doing or something bad.

I got a 2% raise at work. I told my boss that money changes people and I probably was going to be pretty difficult to live with :)

Speaking of money, I switched from the full coverage, high cost insurance to the high deductible plan at work. Which means that I CANNOT GET SICK EVER AGAIN. Cross your fingers for luck!

James Ray Monroe has recently told me (a number of times) that he was "born with a shotgun in my hands". I remind him that I was there the day he was born and that there was no alleged shotgun present. Then I try to give him kisses and he runs.

One of my favorite coworkers is leaving today. She is the sweetest girl and I will miss her so much. I told her recently that I planned for one of her (cute!) sons to marry one of my nieces. We are working on the wedding plans as we speak!

My sister keeps telling me I don't get to plan her daughter's weddings. Whatever. I completely plan to drive a wedge between the girls and Danielle by the time they get married. She'll have to watch the wedding from a distance, with slow tears of regret running down her cheeks. (I haven't envisioned this in detail or anything)

My mom has been driving around with a blood covered manniquin in the back of her car. I think it just got us banned from a Dunkin Donuts. We aren't serial killers, I promise.

She scares me sometimes. Ok..all of the time.
I guess I should focus on work. Which is why I came to the office 3 hours early.

See you on the Fourth of July!!

BEST DAY EVER!!

Lori Ann

p.s.- If I ever do have a human baby, I am going to carry on the middle name tradition of months. Her name will either be Jane March or Lily October..what do you vote for?


5 comments:

  1. Liam's middle name is August. I just thought you might like to know that. Also, I vote for Lily October or October Jane (which sounds like a movie title)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does the mannequin have blood on it?!?!
    Also, hope you have a great 4th July!
    This time last year we were watching the fireworks in New Orleans. My favourite memory :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't ask my mother any questions about her serial killer supplies. I think she was using the mannequin for CPR training or first aid or something:)

      Delete
  3. I totally vote for Lily October...I'm a bit partial to October you know.......but that is only if I get to be a pseudo aunt by association......

    That mannequin totally has me a bit fearful...but in the same token....gives me thoughts of pranks around Halloween.....hmmmmmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the devil! My parents prank me enough:)

      Delete