Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Ain't no Sunshine

The Orange Menace. Also known as my niece Katy's new cat. It's name changes every hour. Here are the names it has had so far:

Gizmo
Aysreal
Cutie Pie
Adorable
Elsa
Sweet Potato
Ginger
Spice
Nutmeg
Hobbes
Salty Devil

And I am sure there are others that I don't even know about.

This thing is going to have identity issues.

Erin is leaving today.

Life is so much less fun when Erin leaves. 

She made us all "sit out on the stoop Northeast Philly style" last night.

Where she proceeded to tell more FALSE stories about me sexually harassing her.
 (which doesn't sound funny but is when she says it)

She encouraged our nieces and nephews to steal my dad's cookies.
("They are right next to him and he's sleeping..go get them!")

She ranted about how the news is always on at my parents house.

She discussed how she thinks me and my dad should have our own club.

Called the "socially inappropriate addicts" club.

She cackled over me getting in trouble with my mother.

Which Danielle high fived her over.

"Lor, you never get in trouble. It's nice to see"

While she has been here the following things have happened:

Attempted theft
("where does Dad keep his bolt cutters?")

Politically correct dinner parties
("I think the Palestinians have a good argument")

Battle of the Pizza nights
("I told mom that I want East Coast pizza, NOT pizza hut!")

Various drug interventions
("Lor..are you a meth addict?")

Cat rescues
("She was opening all the cages, going crazy!")

Crappy movies/Camp memories
(" So, then in the arts and crafts cabin..")

Fashion reality checks
("Why do you like tight, black clothes? I'm just saying..")

Cat spoiling
("Thomas is just so pretty. He can't help it, he's so precious")

And a million more festive moments

 I am going to miss her.

Erin is always the missing piece in our lives.  

Since she is going home (and I have run out of excuses) I have decided that now is FINALLY the time to get focused on my training.

So, prepare for long rambling posts about how bad my feet hurt.

3 weeks and 5 days until my next halfie!

Lori Ann
(favorite sister of Erin Leigh) 

1 comment:

  1. That's so nice Lor! But you were the one who came up with Socially Inappropriate addicts..hilarious! And you look GREAT in your black outfits!!! (Don't get crazy, I'm saying that in a sisterly way, I know you got a special love for this BBW but you need to move on!) Eri

    ReplyDelete